Wimsey Cherrington, LMP, CKTP
My clients call me a body detective. I find the root cause of your musculoskeletal pain, and effectively treat it with skilled hands-on bodywork so you can resume the activities you love quickly and safely. I find it, fix it, and send you on your way!
I provide relief of pain, injuries, medical conditions, and provide comfort and ease of movement for older adults, athletes, and anyone with complications of stress.
Did You Know?
- Headache and lower back pain are the most common types of pain in the U.S.
- 1 in 3 American adults lose more than 20 hours of sleep each month due to pain. 1 in 5 American adults report that pain disrupts their sleep a few nights per week or more.
- 9 out of 10 Americans have non-migraine headaches each year.
- More than 50 million Americans suffer chronic pain each year; another 25 million experience acute pain caused by injuries or surgeries.
Pain in your muscles and joints may affect you in many ways:
- It might keep you from being active, from sleeping well, from enjoying family and friends, and from eating.
- When you have pain, you may also feel many emotions, including sadness, helplessness, fear, or anger.
- It might cause you to snap at your friends and be irritable with your family.
- The causes of your pain aren't always visible, so people may not be sympathetic.
Your pain may be caused by accumulated small injuries you may not even remember or injuries from a car accident you clearly recall. Or it may result from work or recreational demands such as snowboarding, skiing, gardening, bicycling, running, or playing basketball. Or you may have a neurological condition, such as Multiple Sclerosis, Post-Polio or Parkinsonism.
I take the time to assess your history and symptoms so I can determine the key underlying causes. Then I use the many techniques I have learned and practiced for over 20 years to effectively treat you.
Please note: As a Licensed Massage Practitioner, I do not diagnose pathology, attempt to cure disease, prescribe treatment, or provide spinal thrust adjustments.